Toddlers have short attention spans and are go go go!
Keeping them busy is not easy, as they tear from one activity to the next, leaving behind them a wake of destruction.
Recently the mums in The Mother Hood (Members Only) group came up with a list of tried and tested activities that they give their toddlers and I wanted to share them with all of you.
- Outdoor walks and active games like obstacle courses or running races.
- Indoor obstacle courses or games
- A trip to the toy library
- Play dough – with small bowls, utensils, cupcake cases.
- Dry pasta/rice with bowls and spoons (tongs are great too).
- Threading large beads (the toy library may have some).
- Large sidewalk chalk on the concrete or fence.
- Large paint brushes with a bucket of water and paint the fence.
- Dolls and prams/cot – Tea towels make great little blankets.
- Using an empty formula tin cut a hole in the top and post pegs into it or milk bottle tops.
- Indoor tents/tunnels or dens with blankets.
- Messy play – if stuck inside pop them in the bath. Shaving foam, food colouring in the water, bubble bath, paint brushes,water wheels, water crayons.
- Coloured pipe cleaners and a colander.
- Pom poms and muffins tins or cupcake cases (packs of pom poms are relatively cheap.
- Sand in a tray with small animals.
- Small cars and ramps (old bits of wood or plywood are great for this).
- A set of plastic skittles. (These can also be made from plastic bottles – add a little water to stop them falling over to easily).
- A basket or box to throw balls into.
- Washing plastic dishes in a big tub.
This is a great list of activities and I am looking forward to trying them out on my little one over the next few weeks.
Which ones are you going to try?